1 Playtest 1, Steal the MacGuffin
Big Cheese hired the team and provided a grumpy but competent driver for their van.
In the early afternoon on a cloudy day in July, a van dropped off Zuko and Cendre in a busy downtown area to obtain the briefcase held by "Big Mac" by whatever means. As they approached, a not-so-well-dressed dwarf, Bystander A followed Zuko down the street. Cendre split off and circled back to tail Bystander A. A group of rent-a-cops, Thugs C, followed Cendre. Zuko walked through an extrnal passage way under the middle of one of the buildings and used a [SPELLNAME] to distract Bystander A. Then he entered the cafe, full of customers. Bystander A asked for help, and Zuko told him to go into the corner of the cafe. Meanwhile, Cendre approached Thugs C, to exchange words, but the group passed him by while one told him to leave the problem to them. Just as Thugs C, surrounded the cafe from both sides, Bystander B, a mechanized drone window washer operator jumped down from one of the buildings, killing one and mortally injuring another of Thugs C. Bystander B continued into the passage towards the cafe to attack the remaining members of Thugs C. Zuko and Bystander B killed all but one of Thugs C from the cafe. This left two survivors from Thugs C, who retreated.
Meanwhile, Cendre engaged in close melee with Big Mac, who nearly clobbered Cendre to death with his warhammer, though Cendre snatched the MacGuffin. But during the struggle, Agent D appeared and Big Mac fled the scene.
Bystander A and B left together.
Zuko and Cendre returned to the van with the MacGuffin.
2 Preliminary Character Creation Rules
Early on in July through September 2020, we used the following rules based on existing game systems:
- Start with level 2. Multiclass available.
- Disregard encumbrance, within practical reason.
2.1 Choose Being
2.2 Choose Class
- Hit Dice
- Hit Points
- Other Class Features (Spells, Styles, etc)
2.2.1 Combat Mage
- Modified version of the Wizard.
- Can only carry 1 magazine to begin.
- Disregard material components.
- All spells risk specific critical failure side effects when rolling a 1.
- Can cast after slots run out and risk additional, worse side effects.
- Martial, Magical
2.2.2 Bounty Hunter
- Modified version of the Barbarian.
- Starts with 12 magazines, 2 extra projectile weapons.
- Dual Fire
2.2.3 Street Samurai
- Modified version of the Fighter.
- Starts with 10 magazines.
- Modified version of the Monk.
- Proficient with computers.
- 3 magazines.
- Lucky(Levels of Technomancer), Magical
- Treat ki as spells
2.3 Calculate Ability Scores
Standard distribution: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8
Then modify by the Being and Class.
2.4 Choose Background
The SRD only has Acolyte.
- Additional Skill Proficiency
- 2 Languages or 2 Tools or 1 of each
2.5 Choose Cyberware
- Choose any combination from Version 1 with up to -6 critical failure penalty (these rules have significantly changed).
2.6 Choose Equipment
- 1 projectile weapon.
- 1 melee weapon.
- 1 armour.
- 1 libre comlink, the Flossy X7 with subvocal mic.
- 1 medkit (modified version of the Healing Potion).
- 1000 Nuyen.